- Easy to start with because of Selenium IDE which is a firefox plugin. Estimated start time less than 5 minutes
- More difficult than Selenium to start because it needs installation of Sahi. Estimated start time 10-30 minutes, depending on Java installation etc.
- Deep learning curve when the need is felt to move from Selenium IDE to Selenium RC.
- There is only one mode of operation for Sahi. Extremely simple to learn and use for testers
- Knowledge of programming language required
- Can achieve most automation with just functions and variables. Sahi has inbuilt APIs for most other complex tasks like data driven testing
- Needs JUnit style of programming
- Can choose your own style
- Has nearness APIs like _in and _near which can help show nearness of elements. Eg. _image(“delete.gif”, _near(“username 4”))
- Needs waits for making AJAX work
- No waits needed in 90% cases
- Supports parallel execution
- Inbuilt parallel execution. Needs only one parameter change