Being a blogger is probably the easiest and one of the most common activities online. Everyone, from students to celebs, are at it, sharing loads of information for others to read and share. Even big companies utilize this increasingly popular web platform for marketing and advertising their own products
Remember, like everything else on web, blogging too has its share of rules and guidelines, which if followed, can do wonders for your blogs. There are numerous tips to be a successful blogger but it is easier to mention the worst blogging mistakes, which you must avoid at any cost. Let’s have a look at some of the common blogging mistakes which can prove to disastrous for you:
Top Blogging Mistakes:
- Title: Title is the most important part of a blog. It shows what’s the blog is all about. Whether you are a technical writer, an entertainment columnist or just write for fun, your title must always complement your article. It must give the readers an idea of what your write-up is all about! A misleading title or a wrong title can not only irritate the audience, but also term your blog as a trash.
- Wrong Information: And that is the worst thing you can do to your blog. Nothing can be more jeopardizing for your blog than wrong information. Users will not only make it a point not to visit your blog ever again but also mark it as nonsense. Make it a point to validate and crosscheck every bit of information before you put it online.
- Lack of unique Content: With so many bloggers running in the race, what are your chances to be a popular one? Well, it is not only enough to attract visitors to your site and get them added to your followers list. The main challenge is to retain and keep them interested in you (that is your blog). And, the only way to do so is by keeping your content unique. Nobody wants to read the same article published on web over and over again, in different styles.
- Lack of Marketing: When the entire industry moves on marketing, why not be a part of it! Learn to market yourself, your skills and your blogs to the readers. Decide on your target audience and spread the word among them. Add a bio to your blog and if possible a profile picture.
- Not implementing ‘Share’ and subscription: Spread the word as much as you can. Implement share buttons for Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Digg, Delicious, and a lot more. Also provide an option for your readers to subscribe to your blog through email. Let users do the marketing for you.
- Being Impatient: What do you think, it very easy to be a popular blogger? No, actually it is not. It takes a long time for a blog to attract large number of visitors and be popular with its target audience. So, all you need to be a popular blogger is patience. Bring impatient or inconsistent is not going to work for you.
Besides keeping in mind the mentioned pointers, it is also very important for you to select the right blogging platform. My personal favorite is WordPress for the fact that it is flexible and simple. Please do let me know if you have any other points in your mind.