To create a frame-by-frame animation:
- Create a new file and call it animation.fla.
- Select Frame 1 of Layer 1. This is where the animation will start.
- Create a graphic using the drawing tools, such as the Rectangle, shape, or Brush tools. You can also paste a bitmap from the Clipboard or import a file (such as an Adobe Illustrator illustration).
- Select the next frame on Layer 1 and create a second keyframe (F6). The contents of Frame 2 are the same as Frame 1 at this time.
- Alter the contents of this frame on the Stage to develop the next increment of the animation. You might select the graphic and move it a couple pixels to the right, add some new lines to your drawing, or bend a line on a shape.
- To complete your frame-by-frame animation sequence, repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you've built the motion you want.
- To test the animation sequence, select Control > Play or Control > Test Movie. Or just scrub the timeline using the playhead (this means drag the red toggle above the frames back and forth).