Search Engine Optimization is like playing chess, the only difference being you play with the search engines rather than any opponent! As like every year SEO trends 2011 bring in completely newer propositions into the game, retaining a few old tried and tested ones. SE optimizers need to follow these trends to ensure they can rank their clients’ websites right up in the search engines result pages (SERP) for targeted keywords.
If you are an optimizer or looking to outsource your optimization to an offshore development center, you need to be well aware of the SEO trends 2011. This will not only help in managing the text and multimedia content on the site but will also give you much needed knowledge in selecting the best optimizers for your website.
SEO Trends 2011 You Need To Know
- Two Search Engine World – For many professional Optimizers optimization means doing it for Google. This is set to change with the convergence of Yahoo and Bing. Although Google still holds more than 60% of the search share, ignoring Yahoo and Bing would mean not targeting close to 30% of the potential visitors. So you need to keep Bing and Yahoo in mind while optimizing.
- Personalized Search – Google has been an early mover and this is going to be one of the hottest trends. In this, a virtual fence is created around a user’s search, which ensures only quality material pops up in search result based on the taste and search history of the users. Good Optimizers are implementing solutions to cash in on this trend.
- Social Media Marketing – If your website is not on Twitter and Facebook, you could lose out in the battle with your competitors. Your URL also needs to figure in the blogosphere, which will attract the search engine crawlers more than with mere on-page optimization.
- Real Time Updates – This will be a popular SEO trend for many coming years. If the content on your page is updated regularly and the visitors have an easy feedback mechanism for their benefit, you will see your website soar high in search engine result pages.
- Multimedia Optimization – Most of the websites take their multimedia content lightly and don’t care to optimize unless they deal only with these content. This will be one of the territories to watch out for this year.
- Mobile SEO – With the number of people accessing the Internet with their cell phones, a major territory under development is mobile SEO. Good search engine optimization companies are already focusing on this.
If you want to make a difference with your website this year, you need to keep these tips in mind and then only you will get expected results from your SE Optimizers. For more information on search engine optimization tricks, reach us at Evon, a software consulting company in India.