WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems, which is widely used to create both professional and personal website. If you want to start your own ecommerce website and don’t know where to start, WordPress can be your savior. The advantages of WordPress website are mentioned below:
· It is easy set-up
· There are many free themes available
· It is easy to customize
· It enables interactivity through comments
· There is an RSS feed built in so that the visitors can subscribe
· WordPress is easy to customize
· It can create search engine friendly web pages
· It automatically pings the search engines
· All eCommerce plugins are available to sell products
· There is a large online community available for WordPress technology support
How to make WordPress ecommerce website:
· Install WordPress software: First of all, install the WordPress software. Login to cPanel of your system and click on setup.
· Select the theme template for your website. There are Google free themes available for Wordpress. You can simply download it.
· Add eCommerce plug-in to the website. Download Google WordPress eCommerce plug-in and install the files to activate plugins. You should see the links on the sidebar such as product details, transaction results, checkout, your account etc.
· Now, add your products to the website. Set certain parameters such as payment options, countries etc. before adding the details about your products. You can add as many items as you want.
· Search engine optimization: For making your website search engine friendly, you should install an All-in-One SEO Pack to the website. This tool will optimize the title and description Meta tags so that Google can crawl your web pages.
· Now, this is time to promote your site. You can use the below-mentioned tools for the same:
2. Article marketing
3. Social media marketing
4. Video marketing
5. Pay per click marketing
7. Blog directories
8. RSS directories
· You need to constantly monitor your website so that you can track the number of visitors, from where they are coming, best selling products etc. This monitoring helps you to increase your site’s traffic.
There are a number of ecommerce plugins for Wordpress. Some of the popular ones are:
WP e-commerce: This free WordPress e-commerce plug-in provides multiple options for creating an e-store with WordPress. This plug-in is integrated with Authorize.net, PayPal, and Google checkout.
e-Shop: This free WordPress plug-in has a number of features for ecommerce websites. It supports many payment options such as Webtopay, PayPal, e-Processing Network, Cheque, and Cash.
There are two plugins, Shopp and Quick shop that can make ideal platform for ecommerce websites on WordPress. For more information and free quote, contact Evon Technologies, a wordpress web design company in India.