One of the biggest concerns when it comes to Flash development, is search engine optimization. Flash developers traditionally find it hard to index their website on search engine result pages or SERPs. But, over the years Adobe has brought in much needed changes to Flash, which makes it possible to optimize these websites. Flash SEO is one of the debated and challenging topics for optimizers. However, don’t believe the myths that Flash development will kill your chances of optimization.
The best way to go about Flash SEO is to hire the services of a good offshore development center. You can easily outsource your development to these centers, as expert developers handle your project. They have years of experience with custom web design and development of all genres. They will not only add graphical supremacy to your website but also make sure that your custom development website figures high on the search engine.
Best Flash SEO Tips
- Make sure you hand code Flash content into HTML instead of using an HTML editor such as DreamWeaver. The problem with HTML editors is that they embed Flash content into the page as binary code, which cannot be crawled by search engine spiders. With hand coding you can add alternate text and hidden description to Flash files.
- In Flash development, it is common to embed text onto an image file to make it look better. Search engine crawlers text that is embedded makes you miss out on valuable SEO points. You should always use the text files as separate elements.
- Flash developers have a tendency of developing dynamic Flash pages where the entire website loads on a single page. This isn’t good for SEO and it is advisable to break the elements into pieces and add them on separate pages. Make sure that the pages are divided into individual URLs, which is ideal for SEO.
- It is important to use noscript tags to include the text embedded in SWF files. This should be done to ensure that the text elements are displayed even if user’s browser doesn’t have Flash player installed in it.
- In case you have a Flash and HTML version of the same website, you could set the Robots.txt file to ignore the SWF content and push only the HTML content to the search bots. This will help in optimizing the website.
These Flash SEO tips will help you in optimizing your website. No longer will you have to abandon that great looking website just because it has been made in Adobe Flash. Now get your own Flash Website and get a free quote at http://www.evontech.com/flash-development.html.