iPhone and Android… both of them are the most sought after smartphones of the generation. With these two smartphones, life is getting easier and smoother. However, for a developer, application development for these two smartphones is definitely a treat, since he can address a global audience with the apps. The comparison between Android and iPhone application development is as cited below:
· Programming language: iPhone app development language is Objective-C, which is a programming language based on C with some extensions on object-oriented versions such as interfaces, dynamic typing, classes, inheritance, messages and many more. On the other hand, android application development is based on Java. Many developers opine that Java is a no-brainer programming tool. For this reason, if you are a developer, who loves coding, iPhone application development might excite you more than android development.
· Platform comparison: With iPhone, finding functionalities is very difficult, while the case is quite opposite with android. iPhone application is quite closed, while android development is based on open source. To download the iPhone source code, you might need to resort to Google, but downloading android source code is easier and faster. In other words, android platform classes are predictable and consistent in terms of layout. For this reason, beginner development choice should be android rather than iPhone development.
· Programming model comparison between iPhone and Android application development: iPhone programming model is based on MVC design pattern. With this tool, building an User Interface is easier, since all the codes are orderly placed in the source code. On the other hand, the later supports multiple processes. Thus, a little complicated. However, both these platforms provide declaration of user preferences in XML. Android’s XML pattern allows integrate custom user interface components. While with iPhone, it is an extensive job.
· Resources comparison between the two platforms: There are numerous resources for iPhone developers. There are videos, so that the developers can watch them carefully and employ them. On the other hand, android offers SDK with a proper guidance of API preferences. Many developers would say that android resources are more organized and suitable for all developers. Moreover, there is no clear and accurate NDA policy of Apple in terms of open source.
· Tooling comparison: In this section, both are almost the same. There are not many differences between their tooling systems in both these platforms. Tooling interface includes debugger, profiler, IDE, User Interface, and builder.
From the aforementioned discussion, it is clear that both iPhone and Android app development services have some advantages as well as disadvantages. It depends on the developers and his wants and needs which platform he or she will choose. The pros and cons are there to help you. To get your apps built on these two popular and powerful platforms, visit http://www.evontech.com/mobile-development.html.