Mobile handsets aren’t just meant for communication viz. calls and SMSs but also act as an engaging gadget, thanks to those excellent games. Thank Java development, as it is what powers most of the mobile games that you fondly think of. It is the handwork of the Java developers, which let you, enjoy those pretty moments in the midst of your daily chores. Java development is one of the most widely used platforms for mobiles game development. Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) is what powers these highly graphical games in your cellphone.
It won’t be wrong to say that Java development has become the industry standard when it comes to mobile games development although it faces serious competition from platforms such as the iPhone. Over the last decade, many offshore centers have developed around the world, which is making this industry very competitive at the same time pushing technology to newer heights. You can very easily outsource your mobile games development services to these offshore development centers. The best option is to choose countries like India for outsourcing.
One of the major reasons for popularity of the platform is the fact that Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) is a free and open platform, which makes it a cost effective option for mobile game development. The security feature of Java also makes it popular among developers and they swear by its security features. All these have made Java an industry standard backed by all major handset makers, with most of the present day mobile phones being Java-enabled.
Why Developers Choose Java for Mobile Games
- J2ME consists of the Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) API. This is specifically designed for developing applications for mobile devices including mobile phones. This feature takes into account all the limitations and constraints.
- The technology behind Java is so strong that it cannot access or affect other applications running on the phone/device. This avoids regular phone crashes, which is so common with other development platforms.
- The amount of diverse options that developers have in development of mobile games is unmatched when it comes to other platforms. It allows the incorporation of high usability and value features.
- Java is very portable in nature, which follows the simple technology principle “write once, run anywhere.” In other words, this means that mobile games and applications developed for one handset can easily be used for others.
- J2ME offers highly superior user interfaces with rich graphics. This gives it the ability to function off-line and out of wireless coverage. These games can be played using peer-to-peer networking.
All these advantages make Java development the favorite platform when it comes to development of mobile games. For more information Java for Mobile Development and to get some finest gaming apps for your business, visit https://evontech.com/services/customweb/j2ee.html.