Do you know 69% of travellers have smartphones?
With the advent of smartphones and high-end mobile applications, our travel experience has become more comfortable and easier. Earlier, people used to leave their mobile phones before going out for a holiday, because it was their own family time and mobile phone might interrupt their fun time. However, these days, travellers carry their smartphones with them simply because they can access the Internet through these handsets whenever they want. Custom mobile app development for travel industry offers a wide range of services; from mobile version of travel sites to road map; from travelling tips-giving applications to flight notifications, there is a world you can choose from!
Advantages of travel mobile application development
There are a number of reasons that mobile application developments are gradually embraced by travel industry. Since the whole process is based on open source development and outsourcing, every business can reap profits by trying their hands in offshore software development. Given below are some advantages of mobile development for travel industry:
· There are custom mobile applications, which can be easily downloaded to your smartphone.
· These applications can give you various tips for your destination, its sightseeing sites, and drawbacks (political unrest, natural disaster etc).
· There are many mobile applications, which guide the travellers with route maps and directions in details. This is very useful since it allows travellers to decide their own do’s and don’ts.
· Capitalizing on this development, many mobile versions of travel sites are launched. The travellers can access all the information from the site on their smartphone application.
· Carrying your smartphone, along while travelling can make your trip greener. The travels once used to carry papers, maps, advisors, language translator, phrasebook etc. however, now with their smartphone, they can do all the tasks on their handset.
· When web 2.0 technologies are concerned, smartphones are powered with social media access. The travellers can share their travel experience, pictures, and videos on social networking sites.
Travel mobile application- Facts and myths:
· Most of the travellers prefer free mobile applications with smart advertisements, while very few users would vote for paid applications.
· E-accommodation and flight e-booking are the majorly done activities that travellers enjoy on their smartphone application.
· You can always check your mobile application efficiency with analytics, available online. You will also discover how the application is accepted and feedback from other users.
Drawback of mobile development for the travel industry: The main challenge for the mobile application developers for the travel industry is that it is still untouched by the mainstream appeal. A 2010 survey on US online users stated that almost 85% of them did not know how to use location-based mobile applications.
A long way to go to reach the mass, nevertheless it has started. And, revolutionary work is done in this field by many companies like ours.