Smartphones are no longer restricted to elites in the society and they have become very popular with the average mobile user. This explains the huge buzz in the smartphone app development market with hundreds of smartphone developers creating thousands of applications each month. Businesses ranging from top notch MNCs to smaller proprietary businesses are looking at smartphone apps as a potent marketing tool. This increased popularity has led to regular change in the industry trends.
Popular Trends in Smartphone Development
- High Growth Rate – In the last two years smartphone app market has shown an incredible growth rate. It is estimated that the number of apps developed and download have gone up by three times during this period. The industry is worth more than $7 billion currently and is expected to double up in the next five years.
- Apple’s Sole Show Ends – Smartphone app market was once dominated by Apple but now other competitors have picked up and gaining market share. Most businesses are looking to develop apps for multiple platforms than only for iPhone that was the trend a few years ago. Android development has been heating up in the last two years.
- Businesses Leading Their Way – Just about two years back only 10% of the top 1000 companies in the world had their presence on smartphone apps. But this figure has grown by leaps and bounds in the last couple of years as many of them have got their smartphone apps developed.
- Gamer Boys Love It – The increased processing speed and memory in smartphone has aided the mobile gaming market. Many serious gamers now prefer to play games on their handheld devices while on the move.
- Social Media Buzzing – As like the PC apps, social networking has taken over a large share of the market in smartphones apps too. Millions of users access Facebook, Twitter, MySpace using their smartphones and this number is increasing each year. Many smaller social media companies are turning to their own smartphone apps to make their platform popular.
- Search Does not Mean Only Google – in the smartphone world search doesn’t mean Google alone as many search apps have become popular with the users. Niche apps like those to find a coffee shop or a wine maker are more popular with the smartphone users. In the smartphone world search apps comprise huge market share.
The best way to get smartphone apps developed is to outsource it to offshore software development centres in countries like India where you can get your unique smartphone apps developed like at our software consulting and development company in India. Here expert developers will handle your custom mobile app development project and provide you with a solid platform to take on your competitors. Outsourcing to India saves you a lot of money thanks to the low cost of hiring skilled labor in the country. Apart from development, you also get awesome post development support from these centers.