Internet has made the world a smaller place. It has not just helped in communicating and accessing online data but has also become a potent tool for learning. E-learning is seen as the most cost effective mode of spreading knowledge in today’s world. E-learning development is seeing huge demand in a lot of spheres in our lives from educational institutes to corporate training. E-learning developers are providing custom online learning solutions to businesses and other institutions to take care of the e-learning needs.
E-learning developers are effectively using the Internet, Intranet and data storage mediums like the CD-ROMS and DVD-ROMs to democratize learning. This has narrowed the gap in learning between a big metropolis and sleepy town, a renowned educational institute and village school. Users have easy access to work and study modules on the Internet on a click of the button. Since, these modules aren’t time dependent; users can access it at their own convenient time.
Major Technologies Used in E-Learning
· Adobe Captivate - Adobe Captivate that was formerly known as RoboDemo is the industry leading software for developing e-learning modules. It is generally used to make software demonstrations, software simulations, randomized quizzes and branched scenarios.
· Adobe Flash – Formerly owned by Macromedia, Flash has been one of the mainstays of the e-learning development industry. It has been one of the preferred choices for developing interactive games, applications, environments and simulations. A time tested application it has been the preferred choice of developers owing to the flexibility it provides.
· MS PowerPoint – It is the traditional platform for development of e-learning modules. This is the most user-friendly of the e-learning tools available in the market and can be used even by amateur authors. Fundamentally simple slides are created which can be iced with graphics, audio-visual elements and animation.
· MindMeister – It is an online mind mapping software that allows users to visualize their thinking using mind mapping methods. It is being used widely for discussions, brainstorming activities, analysis and problem solving. It is considered to be the most modern of e-learning tools. It offers real-time results on mind mapping.
· Dimdim – It is an open source platform that is being widely used for free web conferencing service. Here users can share desktops, show slides, collaborate, chat, talk and broadcast via webcam. Real time rich media training sessions can be conducted using this tool.
If you are looking to get e-learning modules developed for your business it is advisable to outsource it to offshore software development companies in India like Evon Technologies who will make sure that module developed is self-explanatory and requires minimum software interface to run on the client side. The expertise of your e-learning developers will come into play here so going for an experienced firm is the best choice. Your target audience is another thing that you need to keep in mind while opting for an e-learning module.