In the world of RIAs (Rich Internet Applications) Flex has become the most widely used development solution. Flex is favorite among most Internet geeks around the world. Flex developers are creating robust Internet applications using this technology. Most of the interactive websites that you come across in your daily browsing are a result of this technology. Although there are many frameworks such as Cappuccino, Silverlight, Lively Kernel, .Net Framework, Rich AJAX Platform and Curl which are used to develop Rich Internet Applications, Adobe Flex is the most popular.
There are three main components of Flex framework, which include Adobe Action Script used to run client side scripts that control the application's behavior at client end. Secondly MXML is used to manage interface application's objects and Class Library is service components where develops can use the library or develop custom components. Thirdly, Flex application development also uses Flex SDK as well as Adobe Flash Builder. Flex SDK is nothing but a set of guidelines and a coding framework for developing Flex applications.
Also see mobile app development with Flex.
What Makes Flex Development Popular
- Flex development is a client side technology, which can be easily integrated with all major server side technologies including Java, ASP.NET, and PHP. Flex development also supports CSS3 and HTML5.
- Adobe Flex supports 3D animation, which allows you to indulge into multimedia effects on your website. 3D animation is being seen as the modern approach to website development and is considered the future of web designing.
- Internet application developed using Flex can be run on any of the browser with Flash player and on the desktop with Adobe AIR. It can also be used to fetch real time data with the help of server technologies such as Java, ASP.NET, or PHP.
- Flex makes creation of online dashboards for webmasters easy with its rich library. It also provides interactive charts and graphs for data analysis. Developers can custom-build unique components such as content rollover and drill-down capabilities.
- The core language of a Flex application is Adobe Action Script, which provides interactivity to the applications and controls integration of Flex applications.
- You can easily outsource the development of Rich Internet Applications, as there are many offshore development centers around the world engaging in custom development. Here you can easily hire experienced programmers at affordable rates.
- Adobe Flex comes with an automated bug-testing feature, which helps you in elimination, all the bugs in the early stages. This shortens the development time as well as saves precious money in development.
All these make Flex the most popular platform for Rich Internet Applications. The popularity is so much so that Flex developers have become the authority when it comes to development of RIAs ruling a huge chunk of the market and if you are looking for the best of them, contact our custom web design and development company in India.