It would be wonderful if only one tool can give you the functionalities of hundred tools singlehandedly. Isn’t it? Whether it is a big corporate house or a small or mid-size enterprise, an entrepreneur always looks for such an efficient business solution. OpenTaps is one of the few business tools, which can serve multiple functions with its build-in business intelligence solutions. It is an open source software, which provides ERP, CRM, ecommerce, accounting, warehouse, point of sales, online and physical stores, and mobility integration at once. Supported by skilled developers, the wide range of services makes it favorite with all business houses. It can be the ideal alternative to high-end and expensive business tools. While small companies want to cash its flexibility, security, and low cost, big companies eye its wide features. Overall, it won’t be unfair to say, OpenTaps is a complete open source platform for your enterprise.
The features of OpenTaps on different sectors in a business are as discussed below:
OpenTaps as CRM and ERP tool:
· It has an automated sales process.
· It forecasts sales diagram and manages implementations.
· The built-in calendar and tasks are linked with different teams of an enterprise.
· It shares and governs business documents.
· It integrates mail server.
· It looks after quotes, order placement, and order delivery prioritization.
· It comes with Voice over IP Integration, correction through USPS, and address lookup.
OpenTaps as financial tool:
· It supports double entry ledger.
· It provides support with boundless hierarchy of accounting system.
· It takes care of account payables including payments, invoices, statements, aging and account receivables.
· It generates tax and other financial statements.
OpenTaps as manufacturing tool:
· It keeps record of serialized, lot-based, and non- serialized inventories.
· It manages all manufacturing and warehousing processes including production, work orders, and bill of materials.
· It hosts virtual inventory.
· It helps in Material Resource Planning or MRP.
· It teams up with DHL, UPS, and FedEx.
From the above discussion, it is quite clear that OpenTaps is an all in all solution for your business. However, before implementing the software, there are some points, which you should keep in mind. They are mentioned below:
First you need to understand the requirements of your business and how it can help you in managing and implementing your business processes.
Decide on your budget. Check if the Return on Investment (ROI) is higher than the costs. Initially, appoint a core group to monitor the implementation process and the issues associated with it.
Track the features of OpenTaps and see how the implementation can be improved to enhance the functionalities of the features.
You need to train a group of users to check the efficiency of initial implementation. These users will see how the system works and will generate ideas for better performance.
After these modifications based on the real-time issues, it’s time to move your business data to this system. However, keep the current tools intact as backup. To get the perfect OpenTaps solution for your business, visit http://www.evontech.com/open-source-erp-crm-2.html.